Redruth is a town located within Cornwall in England, situated by the A393 and A3047 and A30 roads. Amongst the many historic buildings in the town is Murdoch House in the middle of Cross Street. The house was built during the 1660s as a chapel and afterwards became a prison, with William Murdoch later living in it from 1782 to 1798. He fitted the house out with gas lighting from coal gas making this the first house in the world with this type of lighting. The house is now used by the Redruth Old Cornwall Society. Another notable sight in Redruth is the bronze sculpture of a Cornish miner, standing two metres tall and produced by artist David Annand.
There are not many coastlines that can match Cornwall’s. This beach is lovely and has kept its old world seaside charm.
Another Cornwall beach, located 4 miles from Redruth is this one. Part sandy and part shingle, the highlight here are the coastal paths that take in the magnificent coastal views.