In order to source the details for the top 10 restaurants in the UK, we have relied upon the list from ‘The Good Food Guide’. This is a very trusted publication and one that all restaurants will avidly compete to get themselves a mention.
1. Top of the list of the restaurants in the UK is The Fat Duck. This is run by the UK’s top chef - Heston Blumenthal. The menu for this establishment is contemporary and an absolute taste extravaganza, offering a variety of dishes from all around the world. This is an immensely popular restaurant and one where you will be expected to book in advance. The contact details are as follows:
The Fat Duck
Tel: 01628 580 333
2. The coveted second position goes to a chef who has become famous around much of the world - Gordon Ramsay. It is the restaurant at Royal Hospital Road in London that has achieved this position. Mr Ramsay owns several restaurants, so this need to be clarified. The menu at this restaurant is varied and the dishes consistently win awards for their innovativeness and quality.
Gordon Ramsay Restaurant
4. Winteringham Fields, in Lincolnshire, is in 4th place and offers a choice of lunch and dinner menus. There are also 11 individually decorated rooms if you would like to make a complete break of your time here. Dishes are very adventurous and the restaurant prides itself on its world-famous reputation.
5. With 2 Michelin stars and an 8/10 Good Food Guide rating, ‘Le Champignon Sauvage’ is well-deserving of the spot of the UK’s fifth restaurant. It is based in the Regency town of Cheltenham Spa, in Gloucestershire.
7. Another Gordon Ramsay establishment has managed to make it into the UK’s top 10 restaurants. This is ‘Petrus’ restaurant and is another that is based in the capital.
9. We stay in the county of Berkshire for number 9 - ‘The Vineyard at Stockcross’, which includes rooms to make a special break of your experience.
10. The final restaurant to offer such an exceptional service to be included on this list is ‘The Square’ in London which has been consistently awarded with 2 Michelin stars for the past 12 years.
|»||The Seafood Restaurant, Padstow|
|»||Alain Ducasse at the Dorchester|
|»||St John Restaurant|
|»||Midsummer House, Cambridge|
|»||Ynyshir Hall, Eglwysfach, Powys|
|»||The Crab House Cafe|
|»||Le Relais de Venise|
|»||Mourne Seafood, Belfast, Dundrum Newcastle|
|»||Wilde’s, Leamington Spa|
|»||Terre a Terre, Brighton|
|»||The Hardwick, Abergavenny, Monmouthshire|
|»||The Three Chimneys, Colbost, Isle of Skye|
|»||Panis cafe, Newcastle upon Tyne|
|»||The Goods Shed, Canterbury|
|»||Maggie May’s, Belfast|
|»||Al Frash, Birmingham|
|»||S&M Cafe, Portabello Road|
|»||Henderson’s of Edinburgh|